POSTED BY Levi Steven
Posted in News
- Direct spending on leisure travel by domestic and international travelers totaled $621.4 billion in 2013.
- Spending on leisure travel generated $91.9 billion in tax revenue.
- More than 3 out of 4 domestic trips taken are for leisure purposes (78%).
- U.S. residents logged 1.6 billion person-trips* for leisure purposes in 2013.
- Top leisure travel activities for U.S. domestic travelers: (1) visiting relatives; (2) shopping; (3) visiting friends; (4) fine dining and (5) beaches.
Read more at USTravel.org.