POSTED BY Zack Mast
Posted in News
- Direct spending on business travel by domestic and international travelers, including expenditures on meetings, events and incentive programs (ME&I), totaled $266.5 billion in 2013.
- ME&I travel accounted for $105.4 billion of all business travel spending.
- U.S. residents logged 452 million person-trips* for business purposes in 2013, with 24% for meetings and events.
- For every dollar invested in business travel, businesses benefit from an average of $9.50 in increased revenue and $2.90 in new profits (2012).
* Person-trip defined as one person on a trip away from home overnight in paid accommodations or on a day or overnight trip to places 50 miles or more (one-way) away from home.
Read more at USTravel.org